Today, October 18th, is the anniversary of the 1972 passage of the Clean Water Act The #CleanWaterAct has produced dramatic improvements in the quality of our water for the better part of 48 years.
If you like drinking, swimming in, or fishing in clean water, vote for #BidenHarris2020
Americans should keep in mind the importance of clean water — and the Trump administration’s sabotage of regulations that protect this precious resource — when they vote on Nov. 3.: https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/521589-crystal-clean-water-not-if-trump-can-help-it
Steelworkers union projects giant Biden-Harris logo on Trump Tower Chicago:
That's something important to think about that I learned from you, Doctor.
These states have voter registration deadlines on Monday, 10/19/20. Register. Check your registration if you already have.
Every American needs to make sure their vote is counted and fight back against voter suppression and intimidation in this vital year. Do your part.
Your vote counts. #Vote
Yesterday, I participated in literature drops to swing areas in my state.
I also wrote letters with Vote Forward to swing state and infrequent voters and participated in a phone bank - both of these ideas from threads written by my good pal @TonyStark
Attend our Grassroots Fundraiser!" data-react-helmet="true
Join us! Contribute today." data-react-helmet="true
75. Ban corporate PAC contributions to candidates, and prohibit lobbyist contributions to those who they lobby
There are many more on his website. I encourage you to share this information and help. We have an opportunity to not end what work needs to be done to make America what it should be, but an opportunity to undo the damage and restart.
70. Expand access to high-quality education in rural schools
71. Transform our crumbling transportation infrastructure – including roads and bridges, rail, aviation, ports, and inland waterways.
72. Expand bio-based manufacturing to bring cutting-edge manufacturing jobs back to rural America
73. Introduce a constitutional amendment to entirely eliminate private dollars from our federal elections
74. End dark money groups influencing our government
65. Protect homeowners/renters from abusive lenders and landlords through a new Homeowner and Renter Bill of Rights.
66. Establish a $100B Affordable Housing Fund to construct and upgrade affordable housing
67. Fully implement Congressman Clyburn’s 10-20-30 Plan to help all individuals living in persistently impoverished communities
68. Extend broadband access to every American
69. Protect and build on the Affordable Care Act to improve access to quality health care in rural communities 13/15
60. Improve and expand the Small Business Administration programs that most effectively support Black-owned businesses.
61. Increase funding for the Minority Business Development Agency budget
62. Make sure economic relief because of COVID-19 reaches the businesses that need it most
63. Reserve half of all the new PPP funds for small businesses with 50 employees or less
64. Help families buy first homes and build wealth by creating a new refundable, advanceable tax credit of up to $15,000 12/15
55. Ensure that no child’s future is determined by their zip code, parents’ income, race, or disability.
56. Provide every middle and high school student a path to a successful career
57. Start investing in our children at birth
58. Double funding for the State Small Business Credit Initiative.
59. Expand the New Markets Tax Credit, make the program permanent, and double Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) funding for lower-income community businesses 11/15
51. Double the number of psychologists, guidance counselors, nurses, social workers, and other health professionals in our schools so our kids get the mental health care they need
52. Invest in our schools to eliminate the funding gap between white and non-white districts, and rich and poor districts
53. Improve teacher diversity
54. Support our educators by giving them the pay and dignity they deserve.
48. Ensure full inclusion of people with disabilities in policy development and aggressively enforce the civil rights of people with disabilities
49. Expand competitive, integrated employment opportunities for people with disabilities
50. Ensure that students with disabilities have access to educational programs and support they need to succeed, from early interventions to post-secondary education
43. Raise the top individual income rate back to 39.6 percent
44. Tackle the crisis of missing and murdered Indigenous Women
45. Ensure tribal nations will have a strong voice and role in the federal government
46. Restore tribal lands and safeguard natural and cultural resources
47. Invest $70 billion in tribal colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions.
39. Ensure that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel abide by professional standards and are held accountable for inhumane treatment
40. Raise the corporate tax rate to 28 percent.
41. Impose a tax penalty on corporations that ship jobs overseas in order to sell products back to America.
42. Imposing a 15% minimum tax on corporate income so that no corporation gets away with paying no taxes.
36. End prolonged detention and reinvest in a case management program for immigrantion
37. Rescind the un-American travel and refugee bans, also referred to as “Muslim bans.”
38. Order an immediate review of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for vulnerable populations who cannot find safety in their countries ripped apart by violence or disaster
30. Provide income relief for anyone who loses their income due to COVID-19 or needs to stop working take care of a loved one
31. Free housing for health care workers who need to quarantine
32. Ramp up large scale manufacturing of as many vaccine source candidates as necessary
33. Ask every American to wear a mask
34. End the mismanagement of the asylum system, which fuels violence and chaos at the border
35. Surge humanitarian resources to the border
22. Reform qualified immunity for police officers
23. Ban choke-holds/neck restraints by police
24. Launch a national police oversight commission
25. Stop transferring weapons of war to police forces
26. Free access to COVID-19 testing for all with a national testing board
27. Double the amount of drive-through testing sites
28. Employ and train a 100,000 person contact-tracing workforce
29. Guarantee first responders have priority access to PPE 4/15
16. Ensure the U.S. achieves a 100% clean energy economy and net-zero emissions no later than 2050
17. Protect biodiversity, slowing extinction rates and helping leverage natural climate solutions
18. Lead the global effort to end gender-based violence
19. End federal private prisons
20. End all incarceration for drug use alone and divert individuals to drug courts and treatment
21. Invest in public defenders’ offices to ensure defendants’ access to quality counsel
6. Allow student loans to be relieved in bankruptcy
7. LGBTQ+ Equality Act in the first 100 days in office
8. Rejoin the Paris Climate Accords
9. Decriminalize cannabis use and expunge convictions
10. Eliminate cash bail system
11. Eliminate mandatory minimum sentences
12. Outlaw all online firearm and munition sales
13. Restore the Voting Rights Act
14. Triple funding for Title I education programs
15. Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
I’ve heard from people that they want a reason to vote FOR Biden beyond the fact that he's not Trump. I respect that. So here's 75 reasons to vote for #JoeBiden that don't have anything to do with Trump.
1. $15.00 federal minimum wage
2. Reinstate DACA – allowing new applicants to apply
3. 12 weeks federal paid family leave
4. Universal pre-kindergarten/childcare for ages 3 and 4
5. Tuition-free college for those with household incomes less than $125,000 #Vote #BidenHarris2020 THREAD 1/15
Erstwhile tooter of the #HeroesResist persuasion, here to attempt to regain some measure of my former participation
Welcome to resistance.social!
We are a United States-based progressive/liberal instance that promotes elections, activism, and voter participation, in particular for the Democratic party and left-leaning Independents.
We share news related to those subjects. We also toot about personal interests like any other community in the Fediverse.
As one of many Mastodon servers in the federated universe called the Fediverse, we welcome new users who follow our guidelines. We have a zero tolerance policy towards racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, or the promotion of violence. Trolling is not permitted.
Discover and explore Mastodon with no ads and no surveillance.